CPR Promotional Check-Up - Jan 6, 2016
January 6, 2016
First Crack At Valentines
Based on the first twenty or so emails yesterday, everyone is in Valentines and St. Patricks mode. Forget about Super Bowl. They all had that wrapped in mid-December. But first:
- One of the stations has an Idol contestant doing mid-days. Their idea is to have men write poems for their wives, girlfriends, mistresses or side-pieces and she'll turn them into songs and go out and surprise the women at their offices with their own personal love songs on Valentines.
- It's entirely possible that somewhere a dozen engaged couples will show up at a football field on the morning of the 14th where a university QB will send the women on 30 yard passing routes and will then zip them the ball. If they make a reception, they'll win a wedding reception.
First Crack At St. Patrick's Day
What do stations, bars, people do on St. Patrick's Day? They do Pub Crawls. A station-to-remain-nameless is going to do a Pub Crawl, Junior Division, 18 months And Under. Which of course will be a diaper crawl at a mall.
First Crack At Easter
First, look at the views. Legal probably would defecate kittens if listeners did this so have the morning show do it and have the audience vote or otherwise be represented by a different member of the team.
It was great in Kindergarten and a station is bringing it back as weekly feature on the morning show. Why? Because there are some pretty cool careers out there that your listeners probably would love to ask questions about. It's always amazing the people who I get randomly stuck next to on planes and I love learning about what they do. Like?
- Keifer Sutherland's nanny
- A member of the Memphis bombsquad
- John Gotti's freaking DOG GROOMER
- Pilots always are fun
- An arson investigator
- A bounty hunter who "discovered" ZZ Top
In Your Face
The $1000 Minute has been been huge for Flow-FM in Toronto. A listener has sixty seconds to answer ten questions to win $1000.
The street-level, Cash Cab-ish version for stuff like front row and meet and greets would be to approach random people in malls and grill them on camera. Get all ten and meet the band.