10 Questions with ... Mandy Jiroux
June 2, 2015
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/mandyjiroux
- Instagram: Instagram.com/mandyjiroux
- Facebook: Facebook.com/mandyjiroux
- YouTube: YouTube.com/MandyMJiroux
1) Where are you from and where do you live now?
I was born in Arizona ... L.A. now. It's great but I like Miami because it's tropical and beautiful, and the ocean is blue and crystal clear. L.A.'s cool because all my friends and family are there. I work there.
2) Where did it begin for you?
I grew up dancing. I started dancing when I was three years old. I moved to L.A. when I was 18 to dance professionally. I was booked to dance for Miley Cyrus about a month after I moved out to L.A. I went on two world tours with her. We became besties on the road. Then we started the Miley and Mandy Show on YouTube, which was a super-fun show. From there she got with these producers, Rock Mafia, and at the time they were putting together a girl group. She was like, you have to audition for the girl group. So I did and I became a member of the group BG5. I was in that group for four-and-a-half years and we were co-managed by Kris Jenner and signed to Hollywood Records. We made top 10 in the U.K. It was a really great experience. After that, I danced and choreographed for Sky Blu of LMFAO. I went on the road with him for about a year. Started my solo project during that time and now I am strictly focusing my time on my project. I have this great YouTube channel that's doing well.
3) Doing well is an understatement! You have a lot of subscribers; what's your channel at?
About 500,000 and I'm climbing about 50K a month. It's really exciting!
4) Will you do something special when you hit 750,000 or a million?
I haven't done anything yet but I really want to start doing something, maybe an Instagram video or something like that. That's a good idea!
5) You do a series of five-minute ab workout videos; what's the best advice you can give to somebody is out of shape?
The ab work out you should not do every day. Do every other day and make sure you stretch your abs after you are done doing the workout. You should start seeing a difference in your abs. As well as eating healthy. A good diet is good while working out.
6) For someone who can't dance a lick, how long would it take to make them a good dancer?
It depends. Maybe to make you a little better, a solid week, eight hours a day!
7) I saw somewhere on YouTube, 20 Things to Know About Mandy. You have to start your day with coffee? Is that what gives you your energy?
YES! Absolutely! Coffee or espresso! I'm actually naturally really bubbly, but coffee really helps a lot!
8) Your single is "My Forever." What can you tell us about "My Forever"?
It's my first release. I co-wrote it about a year ago and I'm super-excited to finally be releasing it! It's a great Dance, Pop record and I think people are going to love it.
9) Who are some of the people who worked on it with you?
I co-wrote it with Dan Book and worked with some amazing DJs out of Holland. The DJs are D-Wayne, Reez, Suyano & Hero & Parris. They are all super-talented and are all so young; I was amazed at their work.
10) You were the backstage correspondent for the iHeart Pool Party in Las Vegas this past weekend. What did you like best about it, and who was your favorite artist who you got to talk to and/or watch perform?
Being an iHeart correspondent was so much fun and a dream come true! I loved seeing the concert from behind the scenes! My favorite artist I spoke to was Kelly Clarkson. She was so sweet and adorable and full of energy.
You danced on a world tour with Miley Cyrus and Sky Blu. What artist -- who you haven't dance with -- would you love to be able to dance with?
Probably Justin Bieber. My best friend choreographs and creatively directs for him and I'd love the work he does on the road and on his tour. Probably Justin Bieber.
Being such a fan of going out to clubs, if you could work with one producer/DJ who would it be?
Zedd! I'm a huge, huge Zedd fan!
What's your favorite restaurant to eat at?
Tough one! Tough one!! What jumped first in my brain is Benihana.
You're going to get in a car to go somewhere, and plug in your iPhone, what song is the most-played song your fans would be surprised to know that you're listening to?
Surprised to know? I don't know if they'd be surprised, but it's still "Where Are You Now?" by Jack U featuring Justin Bieber -- and has been for a while now. I just love that song.