Thursday, May 12, 2011
May 12, 2011
I saw a piece from Dave Cyphers of the Cyphers Agency in Annapolis, MD, talking about the Push and Pull of utilizing Social Media.
He outlines four points:
- “Move in Next Door” Make sure you brand is everywhere your customers are and that goes beyond Facebook and Twitter to blogs, forums, review sites, Vlogs, etc.
- “Invite them to your Party” If people are going to talk about you, they first need to know about you. Consider all aspects: Buzz marketing, Brand blogging, Loyalty programs, Ambassador programs, Influencer marketing and more.
- “Offer Them A Drink” Engage them in a conversation. Get them talking. Find out all you can about them. Use Social media firehose, Google alerts, Blog aggregators, Social network search
- “Lend Them Sugar” Give them the tools they need. Get on their side. Provide tools to help them spread the message. Dave Cyphers calls them Buzz Tasks.
- “Join The Book Club” Check in once in a while. Keep talking. Keep connecting and offer to bring the hors d’oevres.
It’s good stuff and they are good at it. For more you can check out www.TCAPushNPull.com
Comments? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.