Tuesday, June 26, 2012
June 26, 2012
Are your personalities "Tweeting," "Facebooking," "Four Square-ing" and using other social media links to maintain contact with your audience?
If not, they should! What a great opportunity to maintain fairly constant contact with your audience.
Here are a few simple rules:
- If you are going to commit to doing it, update if frequently, but do not "spam" them.
- Ask for new friends on the "air" and grow your network.
- Offer social media only incentives – give exact times of contest giveaways, designate one pair of those 20 pair of tickets you are giving away to "friends."
- Always provide a "value proposition" in your updates. "Not feeling well today" or "Looking forward to the weekend" mean nothing and is the social media equivalent of "spam."
- Try to drive people back to the station's website to get MORE!
- And most importantly, "friend them" "follow them" or do whatever you have to do to make sure what they are putting out is consistent with YOUR brand and YOUR station, because in this context, they ARE your station.
Comments? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.