Wednesday, January 2, 2013
January 2, 2013
A New Year, A New Day ... And Dare I Say It, A New You?
Send some signals that it's a fresh start with this first week of the year. Change around your habits a bit. Here are some ways to freshen things up in the office and send a very clear message that you have a fresh start and fresh perspective with the new year:
* Change the days or time of your sales meetings.
* Get back to doing Manager Meetings that you blew off half way through the year.
* You, yes you Mr. or Ms. GM, make a commitment to attending the sales meetings
* Set a goal to see at least one client a day. Sure, you may miss a day, but five a week for the "big guy" is not too much. What's more important? Really.
* Establish a creative task force of varied staffers who like to bring new ideas. Meet every other week and tackle various issues from NTR event concepts to ways to improve internal operations, to improving intra-station or intra-cluster communication. You'd be surprised what your Traffic Director, receptionist, or Production Assistant can contribute when asked.
Just bust the mold. Get out of the rut. Do things differently and you might be surprised at the result.
Comments? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.