Wednesday, August 20, 2014
August 20, 2014
Shuffle up and deal!
No, I'm not talking about your Wednesday night Texas Hold 'em game. I'm talking about accounts.
When is the last time you or your sales manager pulled a comprehensive account list? What? It's not up to date? Do that first.
Then go through and see what is on an AE's "claimed" list that isn't active.
Then ask these questions:
- When was the last time "Client A" was on the air?
- If over a year, re-assign
- When was the last time the AE had a face-to-face meeting with "Client B" and presented a program?
- If more than three months ago, re-assign
- Is "Client C" currently advertising in the market but not with you?
- As the AE why not. Chances are you'll hate his answer. Guess what? Re-assign.
They will b*&ch and moan, but tough. Re-assign and make clear the expectations to the new A.E.
Comments? E-mail me at email@example.com.