Thursday, March 17, 2011
March 17, 2011
Wanna see some GREEN on St. Patrick's Day?
Here are a couple quick hit ideas to get money going for Q2:
Make sure you calendar of events, programming specials and partnerships with existing events is complete and now build the packages
To my point in Monday's column, plan a Q2 One-Day Sale for the first of April to lay in all the months of Q2
Target businesses that are driven during Q2 holidays and build a package:
- Mother's Day
- Father's Day
- Easter (it's early this year)
- Earth Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th (for the end of June)
Turn over a new leaf with your sales staff and do what you may have stopped doing or might for the first time:
- I don't care if they don't like call sheets, do 'em. We are ALL accountable.
- Set new business goals and reward your reps for developing new biz.
- Consider a tiered commission plan: X% at budget, higher for +10% of budget, and minus for missing.
- Don't forget to add a separate budget for digital.
- Pledge to join each of your reps on one call a week.
- Provide new and different training for them -- presentation skills, closing skills, prospecting skills. (You don't have to spend a bunch of money ... use RAB or better yet, pick one of your better sellers and tell them you want them to do a presentation on any of the above for the rest of the staff - they will love that you asked and your younger/newer sellers will benefit.
Comments? E-mail me at email@example.com.