10 Questions with ... Josh Thomas aka Joshua Tamases
May 21, 2013
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
- 6/11-10/12 WKKW Morgantown, WV-/WDNE/Elkins, WV -- afternoon drive/middays
- 5/03-6/11 WKXH/St. Johnsbury, VT -- morning show/middays/MD/PD
- 1/02-6/02 KATI/Jefferson City, MO -- middays/APD/MD
- 6/01-1/02 KFKF/Kansas City, MO -- weekends/fill-in
- 3/00-3/01 KYSF/ Klamath Falls, OR -- host "The Breakfast Club w/ Josh Thomas"
- KLAD/Klamath Falls, OR -- middays
- 5/99-3/00 KLAD/Klamath Falls, OR -- co-host KLAD Wake Up Crew
- 5/99-3/00 KAGO/Klamath Falls, OR -- nights
- 11/96 - 5/99 KHWY/Barstow, CA -- middays & afternoons
- 1/95 - 9/96 KZLA & KLAC-A/Los Angeles
1) How are you occupying your time, besides looking for a job?
I'm doing some part-time work at KKIQ/San Francisco, and listening to different shows in the Bay Area to stay fresh.
2) Do you plan on sticking with radio?
3) What's the longest stretch you've had on the beach?
This is. Four months.
4) What has been your best resource for finding out about job openings?
ALLACCESS.COM, of course!
5) What is the next job you'd like to obtain?
A full-time job on a station here in the SF/Bay Area!
6) With consolidation there are definitely fewer jobs. How do you separate yourself from the pack?
By exceeding expectations every day.
7) Are you spending as much time listening to radio as you used to?
More. So I can hit the ground running!
8) Are you able to slow down and enjoy free time doing things with your family and friends that you probably did not have time to do while you were working?
Yes! I'll have great stories to tell when I get behind a morning show mic again! Life is the show!
9) What has been your biggest career accomplishment?
Taking WKXH from #6 Arbitron, Montpelier, VT, to #1 Arbitron!
10) What do you miss most about music/radio? The least?
The most: The fun of bonding with the audience. Being on the air. The least: The politics that are abundant in any office!
Any books you can recommend to people who need something inspirational to read?
"The PD Chronicles." If you've been in radio for ANY amount of time, this is a must-read! Absolutely HILARIOUS and close to the reality bone!!