10 Questions with ... Donnie "Hollywood" Andrews
June 7, 2016
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
I got my start in radio at a small AM, WLIV in Livingston,TN when I was 15 and have had static in my blood ever since. I have worked in Knoxville,TN (WOKI and Z93), Prestonsburg, KY (Q95 WQHY), McMinnville (105.3 Wow Country), and Cookeville,TN (WKXD Kicks 106.9, WLQK).
1) What do you do to maintain a positive mental attitude and stay motivated?
I still look at showprep everyday and put my headphones on.
2) How are you occupying your time, besides looking for a job?
I look at All Access every day and I work at an Internet company, so that keeps me busy.
3) Do you plan on sticking with radio?
Yes, it's my passion.
4) What's the longest stretch you've had on the beach?
Right now, a year and half.
5) What has been your best resource for finding out about job openings?
6) What is the next job you'd like to obtain?
Hopefully mornings on a Country station and be PD, and to work for good people, and not just be a number.
7) Are you spending as much time listening to radio as you used to?
I do, whether it's local or online, to keep up with what's hot and new with music.
8) What do you miss most about music/radio? The least?
I miss being on air and talking with listeners. The least? The people in charge with bad management skills.
9) If you were offered a similar position to what you were doing for considerably less money, would you seriously consider taking the job just to stay in the biz?
If it was local yes, but if it's over two hours, no... just being honest.
10) Having been through all you have dealt with in this biz, what advice would you give people trying to break in?
Keep trying, never give up.
Seen any great movies?
Deadpool. It was awesome!!