Overnight Briefing & General Reality Check - Sep 20, 2012
September 20, 2012
"Modern Family" star JESSE TYLER FERGUSON and his boyfriend, attorney JUSTIN MIKITA. The pair released a video plugging the event and introducing a new, nonprofit foundation called "Tie the Knot," which promotes "marriage equality." The couple, which has been dating nearly two years, also has a similar organization called "The Tie Bar," which sells customized bowties with the proceeds going to organizations that promote equal rights for same-sex couples.
SHAKIRA is pregnant. She posted yesterday on her Facebook page that she and her Spanish soccer star boyfriend, GERARD PIQUE, are expecting a baby. Shakira has canceled all of her activities for the next few days, which means she will not be performing at the massive iHeartRadio Music Festival this weekend in Las Vegas. (Marino)
MELISSA JOAN HART may want to buy stock in Tonka --the "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" star welcomed her third son with hubby MARK WILKERSON last Tuesday night. The little guy's name is TUCKER, he weighed in at eight-pounds, five-ounces and mom and dad's rep say they can't wait to introduce him to big brothers BRAYDON and MASON. (Lee)
Along the campaign trail:
Well, it's almost like a debate.
"60 Minutes" will feature separate interviews this Sunday with MITT ROMNEY and PRESIDENT OBAMA. CBS promises that both will get similar questions on the economy, health care, national security, and the like --and no doubt some on Romney's "47 percent" flap. As for the real debates, the first one is scheduled for Oct 03. (Maiman)
BARACK OBAMA's re-election campaign is getting some help from BEYONCE and her mom. The campaign is now offering baby onesies custom-made by the singer and TINA KNOWLES' design label, the House of Deron. They're being sold on the Obama campaign's website in three-packs... for the low, low donation price of $65.
Editor's note: 47 percent of babies will love it. The other 53 percent will spit up their peas on it. They're also the only ones who can afford $65 baby onesies. (Bartha)
Face time wih the judge:
The Sunshine State's legal system moves at warp speed --a Florida judge has granted EVELYN LOZADA and CHAD JOHNSON a divorce just one month after the "Basketball Wives" starlet filed papers! TMZ.com reports the beauty felt their marriage was "irretrievably broken" after the baller allegedly headbutted her in the face when she found a receipt for condoms in his vehicle. Although the mister wanted to reconcile with his blushing bride, she wasn't on-board with the idea. If you're keeping track at home, their marriage officially lasted 77 days. (Lee)
Good news for FRED WILLARD. After he wrapped up a court-ordered sex education course, the 73-year-old has had all charges dropped. Fred was arrested in July while engaging in an x-rated act himself while watching a porn film at a Hollywood theatre. He later plea-bargained the charges down to the two-week course and now the case has officially been closed, provided he keeps his, er, nose clean.
No winner in last night's drawing for the Powerball Lottery. That means Saturday night's drawing is valued at $174 million ($110 million cash value). Powerball is played in 44 states, Washington, DC and the U-S Virgin Islands. Chances of winning the grand prize (all five numbers plus the powerball) are 1 in 175.2 million.
The Ross Brittain Report has been perfected by Ross and his award winning writers to provide customizable show prep every weekday morning. To see why it's one of the most important show prep services in the US, or for a free two week trial, please contact us using the contact info below in the "About The Author" section.