Overnight Briefing & General Reality Check - May 7, 2013
May 7, 2013
Weight Watchers is celebrating its 50th anniversary today.
According to a new survey of almost 75-hundred smartphone users ages 18-44 by IDC and Facebook, 70 percent check Facebook on their devices, with 61 percent saying they check it every day.
On average, smartphone users check Facebook "at least" 14 times a day, spending an average 32 minutes and 51 seconds per day on the site via their devices. (Kaye)
Idle gossip & unconfirmed rumors:
LINDSAY LOHAN ain't happy about drying out at the Betty Ford Center in beautiful Rancho Mirage, California. Sources tell RadarOnline.com the trouble-prone starlet is complaining to "anyone that will listen" that the legendary treatment center just isn't the best place for her. Rumor has it she'd like to get clean and sober in paradise and hopes to transfer to Hawaii, Antigua or even the Lukens Institute in Florida. (Lee)
Broadcast, cable and video news:
The reality show "Cops" was unceremoniously dropped by the FOX network yesterday after 25 seasons of drug busts, domestic violence and shoplifting.
But not to worry --the show was immediately picked up by SPIKE, which will get some of the 900 episodes produced since 1989 for re-run purposes.
Spike says it will run the show on Saturday nights, although the network didn't say how many episodes they ordered.
10 Dumbest 911 Calls:
10. The woman who called 911 to ask a police officer on a date
9. The woman who called 911 after getting locked inside her own car
8. The lonely, unemployed guy who called 911 over 27,000 times
7. The woman who called 911 because McDonald's didn't have McNuggets
6. The wife who called 911 to make her husband stop watching porn
5. The four-year-old boy who called 911 because he couldn't solve a math problem
4. The woman who called 911 over lack of shrimp in fried rice
3. A woman who called 911 in China after her boyfriend refused to warm up her cold feet
2. The Beaverton, OR, man who called 911 because he was turned away at a nightclub
1. A Sarasote, FL man who was chased by cops and called 911 to try to get them to believe an armed robbery was taking place several blocks away. (Source: Oddee.com)
Stupid people, stupid places:
Darwin swung and just missed in Texas Saturday where police say a 19-year-old man made a bomb with which he planned to "blow up turtles." Instead, as he carried it in his pocket on his way down to the bayou with a friend, he lit a cigar and the ashes ignited the bomb as they fell near his pocket. It exploded, injuring the teen's hand, lower extremities, and face.
No charges have been filed at this point.
Editor's note: Nineteen years old and blowing up turtles? I wouldn't say this ended badly, it ended rather brilliantly!
--Here's hoping the injuries to his "lower extremities" means he can't reproduce. (Maiman)
The Ross Brittain Report has been perfected by Ross and his award winning writers to provide customizable show prep every weekday morning. To see why it's one of the most important show prep services in the US, or for a free two week trial, please contact us using the contact info below in the "About The Author" section.