Overnight Briefing & General Reality Check - Jun 3, 2013
June 3, 2013
Food and Nutrition:
Public health officials have linked a hepatitis-A outbreak to frozen berries sold at Costco.
According to the LA Times, at least 30 nationwide cases of hep-A may be linked to Townsend Farms Organic Antioxidant Blend frozen berries. Health officials suggest anyone who may have been exposed to the virus within the past two weeks get an IG shot or hepatitis-A vaccination to prevent or reduce illness. If you've had close contact with anyone infected, you could also be at risk.
The incubation period for the disease is between two and seven weeks. Symptoms include jaundice, fatigue, fever and vomiting, among other things. (Page)
Five things women wish guys wouldn't do in relationships:
1. You always choose "Guy time" with your buddies over her. Sometimes we all need a break, but if you play X-Box and suck down beer with the boys more often than you see your princess, she's bound to feel resentful and neglected.
2. You've gotten a little too comfortable with her. Comfort is good, but gaining weight and staying home all the time will make her question if she's really your top priority.
3. You aren't romantic enough. Remember how you used to surprise her with flowers or dinner? Those romantic gestures shouldn't end after the first three-months of your relationship!
4. You won't commit already. If you haven't had "the talk" after a few months of dating, she might not be "The One" and you'll need to let her move on.
5. You push her around. Telling Miss Right what she can and cannot do isn't good for your relationship. Things should be 50/50 --having her "under your thumb" is a perfect recipe for your adorable princess to morph into an ugly, bitter stepsister. (Source: YourTango.com --Lee)
It's nice to know scientists at Cornell University have their priorities straight.
Researchers at the ivy league school just unveiled a robot that knows when to refill its owner's beer. Scientists equipped KODIAK the robot with a camera and taught it to recognize basic human activities and predict a person's next move (video). The result: after its owner takes a drink and places their mug on the table, the robot rushes to refill it. (Still)
The Reel Deal:
Gotta love "Star Wars night" at the Triple-A Fresno Grizzlies baseball game Saturday night.
The whole team wore Storm Trooper jerseys, which will now be auctioned off to aid a program at nearby Cal State /Fresno that helps four-thru-12 year-olds with conflict resolution.
Unfortunately, the Grizzlies lost the game to the Las Vegas 51s, 2-1.
Here's more proof that no one cares about "American Idol" anymore. The show's annual summer tour has canceled ten dates, including Las Vegas, Detroit, Minneapolis and Oakland. The kickoff has also been pushed back. Instead of June 29th, the tour will now begin on July 19th. So, instead of 40 cities, the trek has been reduced to 30. (Marino)
Well, the 2016 election could end up being entertaining after all: JESSE VENTURA is talking about running for president.
The former Minnesota governor, pro wrestler and actor is back from his part-time home in Mexico and was eagerly spreading the idea while at Minnesota's Capitol Saturday. He says the next race is "an opportune time" for an independent like him to run because there will be no incumbent.
He says he has approached none other than radio shock jock HOWARD STERN about being his running mate. (Maiman)
The Ross Brittain Report has been perfected by Ross and his award winning writers to provide customizable show prep every weekday morning. To see why it's one of the most important show prep services in the US, or for a free two week trial, please contact us using the contact info below in the "About The Author" section.