Overnight Briefing & General Reality Check - Oct 29, 2014
October 29, 2014
The White House:
Sources say the White House computer network has been hit by what appears to be a sustained cyberattack. Experts say the White House --of the "Executive Office of the President" (EOP)-- gets hit with cyber attacks on a regular basis, but the latest one was much more significant in duration and strength, putting the system on the fritz for nearly two weeks, if not longer.
A White House official would only confirm that officials had "identified activity of concern on the unclassified EOP network." (Pacelli)
Ten disgusting types of Halloween candy you can buy:
10. Scorpion Suckers. (candywarehouse.com)
9. Toxic Waste. (candywarehouse.com)
8. Skeleton PopsCandy. (stupid.com)
7. Eyes of Terror Gumballs. (candy-crate.stores.yahoo.net/rabloeyofteb1.html)
6. Gummy Snakes. (stupid.com)
5. Lick Your Wounds Candy Scabs. Shaped like a Band-Aid, and really sticks to your arm. (candywarehouse.com)
4. Cockroach Bites. Looks just like real cockroaches. (candywarehouse.com)
3. Dripping Boogers. You just strap on the plastic nose and the liquid candy drips out of the nostrils onto your tongue. (candywarehouse.com)
2. Ear Wax Candy. Comes with a custom q-tip type stick to eat it with. (candywarehouse.com)
1. Chocka Ca-Ca. Chocka Ca-Ca is a fudge candy that comes wrapped in a diaper, and is even shaped like liquid piled on top of liquid. It's like eating poop right out of a diaper. (stupid.com)
KIM KARDASHIAN is a hoarder. The reality show star tells Star magazine that she's addicted to Blackberry phones and buys them on eBay all the time so she can always have one available in case one breaks.
Phone starter: Is there anything that you hoard or scour eBay for and then buy backups? (Myers)
The first ever comprehensive, but unofficial BEYONCE biography will be released in the fall of 2015. Billboard.com says J. Randy Taraborrelli is writing it and he said (quote), "Beyoncé has lived a most incredible, inspiring life. I know my readers will enjoy her journey." The singer is not the least bit involved with the book.
FYI: J. Randy Taraborrelli claimed to be MICHAEL JACKSON's "confidante" for the 40 years they knew each other, and the books he wrote about Michael were called absolute trash by Jackson family. (Marino)
You've heard of engagement rings and wedding rings... MILA KUNIS is trying to make "Motherhood Rings" a thing. The new mom has designed an emerald ring for Gemfields, a "responsibly sourced" colored gemstone brand. She told Vogue magazine she went with green emeralds because they "are traditionally symbols of motherhood, wisdom, and long-lasting love." Mila collaborated with jeweler MARINA B and set the stone in 18-carat gold. The Mila ring will run you about $48-hundred bucks worth of wisdom and long-lasting love. (Bartha)
Good timing award:
JOHN SPINELLO is living proof that life imitates art. Although you may not know his name, the inventor came up with the popular board game "Operation" 50-years-ago and now, can't even afford his own oral surgery! The Huffington Post reports Mr. Spinello was a student at the University of Illinois and just 27 when he sold the rights to Milton Bradley for a mere $500.
Although a friend speculates the company has made over $40-million-bucks from his invention, John chooses to focus on the all the joy the game has brought to so many people and a few pals in the toy industry have launched a crowd-funding effort that's raised over $2,000.
He's also planning to sell a prototype of the original that should cover the $25-thousand dollar procedure. (Lee)
The Ross Brittain Report has been perfected by Ross and his award winning writers to provide customizable show prep every weekday morning. To see why it's one of the most important show prep services in the US, or for a free two week trial, please contact us using the contact info below in the "About The Author" section.