Pre-4th of July
July 1, 2011
Today starts the long Fourth of July weekend. This can be translated in many aspects. Here are some of the ways woman will look at this upcoming holiday:
- She needs to get ready for a backyard BBQ. Groceries, paper products and drinks are on her shirt list.
- She needs to get her kids ready to march in a community parade; uniforms may need ironing or a float or costume may need finishing touches. Kids need to get to bed on time so they can wake up early and get to their designated slot in time.
- She will get stuck in TRAFFIC! No matter where she goes; a grocery store, town picnic, parade and fireworks display.
- She might choose to work today and make some holiday pay.
- She's making her famous potato salad and preparing to go to her neighbors BBQ.
- She packing up her family for a day at the lake; towels, extra clothes, food, sunscreen, blankets....maybe some diapers and toys.
- She's looking after her kids because their Uncle gave them sparklers and fireworks.
- She's at the beach and reapplying sunscreen so her little ones don't get burned.
- She's home sick wishing she could join the festivities.
- She a servicewoman reflecting back on how she serves our country.
- She has a member in her family serving us in the Armed Forces, reflecting and praying for their safety as they are stationed outside the U.S.
- She's listening to you as she celebrates America.
- She's also making the infamous Fourth of July American Flag cake complete with strawberries, blueberries and cool whip icing. The recipe can be found at recipetips.com
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com