June 21, 2012
My 22 year old daughter has a newfound love for fishing. Yep, she is baiting, casting, reeling in her catch, scaling it, filleting it, cooking and eating it too. I am one proud mama, let me tell you, first, because I think she spends too much of her hard earned cash on eating out, and second, because it's so against her type.You're probably thinking this all came about because of a boy. It didn't. It came about because of her friend Erin, who loves to fish. One invite and a peaceful afternoon out with a girlfriend and fishing is now the sport of choice. Did I mention my freezer is now stocked with fresh trout and sunfish? Now, she needs to find a friend that likes to rope cattle and age beef.
A free-roaming dog is a big safety hazard in a car,
but she doesn't want to leave her sweet pooch at
home. She should gear up with a few essentials.
• Auto Zip Line is a secure line that allows the
dog freedom to move while providing safety in
case of sudden stops. www.kurgo.com
• Backseat Barrier: creates a strong wall be-
tween the front and back seat of car. It is a univer-
sal fit with an extra partition and is easy to install.
She says but really means...
Here are some more take offs from Cookie magazine's examples of a woman's at-
tempt to help achieve great communication with her husband.
• What she says: "I can't believe Brittany and Michael are
growing up so fast. Brittany wasn't even in school this time
• What she means: "Warning, I want to talk about having
• What she says: "Please pass the butter."
• What she means: "I'm suffocating! I'm overworked, over-
whelmed, and I can't stand keeping track of everything."
• What she says: "No, really, I like the mustache you're
• What she means: Take a guess
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com