October 15, 2012
I'm sitting by a fake tree in a doctors waiting room, and the leaves are covered with dust. I read a Heloise tip that this can be cleaned easily with vinegar and water. I almost want to tell the receptionist this when the lady sitting across from me pulls out a baby wipe and starts cleaning off the tree. There is dust flying all over the place; I'm glad this isn't an allergists office. I quickly move my seat and she finishes, throws away the wipe, resumes her seat and picks up a a magazine, looks at me and said, "That tree has been bugging me for months, I feel so much better now." Was she a neat freak? Maybe. A little OCD? Perhaps. I will now need to think twice before sitting next to any fake trees.
She Buzz Words
Right now she could be
Filling out forms
Attaching her license plate
Looking for a screwdriver
Having a cup of yogurt
She could be a
"I am the only one who uses a turn signal"
Fall and spring and are mushroom seasons. While 99% of mushrooms have little or no toxicity, the 1% that are highly toxic (PDF) can cause life-threatening problems in pets. Unfortunately, most of the highly toxic mushrooms are difficult to distinguish from the nontoxic ones, so the best way to keep pets from ingesting poisonous mushrooms is to keep them away from areas where any mushrooms are growing. Contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center immediately if you witness your pet eating a wild mushroom.
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com