January 23, 2013
I'm sitting in a Starbucks that is out of coffee and tea products. You can imagine the response they are getting from all the customers showing up to get their rich and creamy carmel macchiatos. Vanilla bean frappachinos are no substitutions for their pikes peak blend, nor does it provide the caffeinated plus. There are other options to purchase, like hot chocolate, yogurt parfaits and pound cake, and seeing how they just changed their logo and marketing statement to omit the word "coffee" there should not be a problem here, but there is. Especially for the barista who needs to politely repeat that there are no coffee products to every customer who comes to order. This employee really has an opportunity to assist the customer in perhaps trying something different. She not only doesn't do this, but her tone consistently gets testy as the customers keep coming. This opportunity is available to jocks as well with every single phone call and email received. A positive response on and off air can really go a long way.
She Buzz Words
She Could be a...
Right Now She Could Be
Starting her taxes
Picking out a restaurant to try this weekend
Choosing new wall color
Playing with her baby
Prevention magazine encourages these three resolutions to help your pet start off 2010:
• No table food. Animals have specific daily caloric needs. One piece of fatty bacon equals about 50 calories and can really throw a pet's diet off.
• No means no. Owners need to stay consistent with their training and reward good behavior.
• Annual checkups with the vet can help avoid emergencies and sickness.
A more modern litter box is available for her cat complete with a reusable liner and rooftop access. www.modkat.com
Baby items can be costly. She needs every coupon she can get her hands on. Here are some helpful sites:
• Free coupons and a magazine for moms at www.gerber.com or 800-284-9488.
• Similac has a Strong Moms program at www.similac.com.
• Enfamil offers support and coupons at www.enfamil.com.
• Earth's Best has coupons and promotions at www.earthsbest.com.
• Beechnut savings are available at www.beechnut.com.
• Fisher-Price offers free items and toys on sale at www.fisher-price.com.
- JC Penney has coupons for portraits at www.jcportraits.com.
Many supermarkets will match other retailer's prices but don't go out of their way to advertise this. If you have proof that a product is cheaper at
a competitor, show the proof and ask for the discounted price.
She's not so sure..
• Chuck Lakin, a woodworker from Maine, makes multi-tasking coffins that will serve as a bookcase or table until you are ready to use it.
• Fallen Princesses, a photography exhibit by Dina Goldstein, depicts Disney princesses living in real-life situations. Snow White is pictured with three children clinging to her and a prince napping in an easy chair. Check it out at the website www.fallenprincesses.com
• If she needs to turn her Netflix flaps into a piece of art, this site can guide her: www.Netflixorigami.com.
The British Psychological Society states that people with at least one sister have better social skills and greater coping abilities. Sisters seem to encourage togetherness in families.
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com