August 26, 2013
This is the final week before all things summer officially start to banish. For some it will end with a welcome break to the beginning of their school year. For others it will mark the grand finale. Labor Day weekend is also the time women used to deem their final days of wearing white but nowadays anything goes yet my mother is conditioned to honor this practice. I on the other hand am more concerned with how late into the season I can stretch my kids summer clothes before they outgrow them or dig into the new fall selection of back to school duds. Summer reading is coming to an end too. Happy is the student that finished their school required reading early, if the necessary paper that tags that is finished they are cruising into home plate. Meanwhile others are cramming this last minute need and staying up late to finish the work they wished they had started earlier. The back to school season jolts everyone's schedule in some way. If there is a possibility to drag this week out in the most pleasant way possible I'd recommend it.
She Buzz Words
Melons are all over her grocer's produce section. Here are tips on how
to pick the best:
• Cantaloupe: look for an indented stem and a sweet smell.
• Honeydew: look for smooth white, yellow, or pale green with a fruity smell.
Watermelon: listen for a hollow sound when you thump it and make sure there are no soft spots.
Who will watch her pet while she travels? Here are Galtime.com's tips to finding the perfect pet sitter:
• Have the sitter come to your home and inter- act with the pet, before making a commitment.
• Ask specifically what the charge is and what's covered.
• Ask if the sitter has received any special training.
• Check references.
• Ask if sitter has a relationship with any specific veterinarian.
• Does the sitter have an experienced back-up?
• Can they give medications?
• How often will the pet be checked?
• Ask for a written service contract.
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com