February 3, 2014
The Puppy Bowl, Kitten Bowl, and the Super Bowl. What kind of Bowl will there be next year? Quick, buy the rights for an app to that now! Big sporting events usually equal good food and fun with your family and friends. We enjoyed gluten - free Super Bowl food yesterday, with leftovers to spare; this is my favorite part, as now lunch has been taken care of for today.
After such a brutally cold winter, I'm thrilled my friends at the Meadowlands could enjoy a game in some decent temperatures. That sort of warmth spreads nation-wide. Now we are on to some more games. My American flag waves briskly in this cool air; in whatever winter weather looks like where you are today, it's time to warm up for the Olympics.
Automobile journalist Brandy Schaffels is a lady who knows her cars and how to save money driving them. A contributor to www.askpatty.com, she offers these tips to save fuel:
1. Lighten the load; clear the junk from your trunk for better gas mileage.
2. Check tire pressure; under-inflated tires cost the country more than 3.5 million gallons of gas per day.
3. Maintain the vehicle for best performance.
4. Turn the car off when not in use. Idling just ten minutes a day can waste as much as 22 gallons a year.
Practice safe and within-the-limit driving habits.
Right now she could be
Seeking a babysitter for tomorrow night
Working on a school fundraiser
Training her dog
These are the top tips she should know when it comes to saving money this year:
• Stop overspending.
• Stick to a budget.
• Pay off debt.
• Manage credit (www.Quizzle.com will give a free credit report).
• Improve credit score.
• Have a savings plan for daily needs and retirement.
• Make sure she has the right amount of insurance.
Protect her identity.
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com