January 18, 2011
Driving behind someone whose speed is not even close to the limit is frustrating, especially when you are pressed for time and have a screaming toddler strapped in a car seat. Judgement happens immediately. If the car in question has any type of bumper sticker or magnetic cling that represents a belief, it will get drilled. "My chilD is on the honor roll at such and such school", "eat vegetarian, let the animals live" , "I heart my schnauzer" and even or especially the Christian " fish" symbol get put through the wringer of a challenged mind. You can easily fill in the blanks as to what type of comments are made about the slow car ahead. And if the time comes when you can pass said car you take a look to see who is driving, and another judgement call is made based on who was driving; an elderly or teen etc. Suffice to say that when you are behind the wheel, even on a carefree trip, things about you and your car will be scrutinized. Especially if you are slowing someone down. Now my question is what's the value or loss if the slowpoke has your radio station plastered to it's back end for all the challenged minds to see, and what if it's dirty? I say get thee to a car wash and crank it up.
She buzz words
She could be a
- Casting Director
- Dental Assistant
- Vo-Tech Teacher
- Mailroom Clerk
Right now she could be
- Learning a language
- Volunteering at a thrift store
- Baking a birthday cake
- Seeking some free time
It's quite possible that single she will become engaged. This is prime time for proposals. A shiny new or family-heirloom diamond ring could adorn her finger by or on Valentine's Day. It's also possible that she could be expecting a tiny box from a jewelry store only to open a more practical gift that tells her the relationship is over.
Mid-season television brings back these favorites:
- The Bachelor
- American Idol, with new judges
Here are some self-explanatory items that make sense and save household money in the long run:
- Programmable thermostat
- Water-filtration system for a faucet
- Low-flow shower head
- Compact fluorescent bulbs
- Coffee maker and a thermos
She knows the kids closets need organizing but wasn't expecting all the memories that happen in doing this.
- REI Stores offer free, basic snowshoeing classes with plenty of tips and information on all the gear that is needed. For times and dates log onto the website www.REI.com/stores
- Sample a free Pyrex Dryer Sheet at www.trypyrex.com
Women's Health Magazine says these are 5 mistakes that even smart women make:
- She always orders a salad; add-ons like croutons and dressing, usually pack on the calories.
- She listens to her iPod too loud while working out, thus damaging her ears.
- She avoids the scale.
- She forgets to floss.
- She does not lift weights - multiple reps tend to help build endurance and muscle tone, while using heavier weights generally produces stronger muscles.
- Lucini's EcoValue three liter box of extra-virgin olive oil.
- "Another foot of snow is expected...really!"
- The High School Reunion Diet by David Colbert, MD
- Handmade food fonts including bread, fruit, and coffee available here at the website: www.handmadefont.com
- YouTube for kids is a website www.Kideos.com, offering silly videos and an option to upload your own.
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com