Blast from the Past
January 24, 2011
I recently received an email from my high school sweetheart; Jay. It was a totally out of the blue hadn't heard from him since we broke in 1981. Go ahead do the math, I'm over it. We were kids and had three fun years u till college sent us on our separate ways. Sniff. It was a sweet letter full of compliments, memories, even an apology. My college kid read it and calls it " oddly charming."
Over the weekend, Jay had gone cross country skiing with his family and it made him think of me as I introduced him to the sport. Thanks to our all powerful internet he Googled me, something he had thought about doing for years and there I was, on You Tube too. He was fully able to get a good idea as to what I had been up to these last twenty some year. I however was not so fortunate, when I Googled his name, nothing came up except that People Finder web site that wanted to charge me for information. Jay is not active on any social networking sites much to my dismay. I quickly think how different we are in this respect alone and know that more reasons will come as to why it's not really a great idea to marry straight out of high school. He sent a great response to me and quickly update his life, working at the same company for 25 years happily married to wife number two with kids and dog and he included a picture of himself with his family on house boating vacation. And now that I've seen this picture and heard how happy he is I think it's safe to say that I'm relieved, because the first thing I thought when I saw his email was..look out midlife crisis!
She Buzz Words
- Summer camp
- Toll House Recipe
Right now she could be
- Cleaning our an aquarium
- Pairing socks
- Researching used car options
- Filing a restraining order
She could be a
- School Nurse
- Floral Arranger
- Interior Decorator
- Is she her family's designated photographer?
- Does she have any pictures of herself with her loved one?
- Are grateful and happy the same thing?
- Who does she seek advice from?
- What DIY home improvement would she really like to tackle?
She's starving and staring at a vending machine. The cantaloupe she cut up for breakfast is long gone, and her stomach is telling her to purchase something now. Here's a list of the Top-9 diet-proof vending-machine eats according to Yahoo Shine:
- Rold Gold Tiny Twist Pretzels
- Baked Lays
- Traditional Chex Mix
- Fig Newtons
- Strawberry Twizzlers
- Nature Valley Oats N' Honey Crunchy Granola Bar
- Wrigley's Double Mint Gum
- Planters Sunflower seeds
- Cookie Dough Balance Bar
Delivery diets are taking the guesswork, shopping, and cook- ing issues out of her diet regimen. Perfectly portioned meals delivered to her can help with her weight-loss goals. Here are some of the top diets she's having delivered:
- Biggest Loser Meal Plan: For more information, log on to www.biggestlosermealplan.com
- Jenny Direct: www.jennycraig.com
- Nukitchen: www.nu-kitchen.com
- Nutrisystem: www.nutrisystem.com
- Chef's Diet Fresh Weekly Delivery: For more information, log on to www.chefsdiet.com
- eDiets: www.ediets.com
She diet game
Nintendo has the goods when she's ready to cook:
- "What's Cooking with Jamie Oliver" is the latest interactive Nintendo game/cookbook with recipes and shopping lists along with a test kitchen.
- "Personal Trainer: Cooking" gives detailed instruction on 200 dishes. For more information,log on to www.nintendo.com
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com