January 31, 2011
McDonald's is now selling oatmeal with fruit, following in the style of Starbucks? Maybe not, as this favorite coffee stop continues to close stores and is actually leaning away from coffee by updating their menu to add more healthy food choices and smoothie type drinks. While it will always be known for having a super strong, over-priced caffeinated drink, it still shows what the consumer wants: oatmeal, Greek yogurt plus cheese and fruit trays. These items usually sit below a bakery case ladened with killer pound cakes, thick rice krispie treats and large M&M cookies. Yep, this place knows what a woman and her kids want.
Just like a Happy Meal or McSalad these stores offer convenience and quick satisfaction. The addition of oatmeal to the McDonald's menu means that another super food has been added, as Oatmeal is touted as one's best source of fiber. The profit margin is huge as it costs pennies to make a cup of this comfort food. The price increases as you get into individual serving packets with flavors and dinosaur egg offerings.
I grew up on Quaker's maple and brown sugar oatmeal. That was back in the day when I didn't need to look at the label. Now I stick with the big drum of oats that features Mr. Quakers face. I feel like he's smiling at me because I'm making a healthy eating choice. I hope you don't think it too weird when I turn him around before I add a cream and couple of tablespoon the my favorite fiber source.
She buzz words
- Coffee house
Right now she could be working at a.
- Grocery store
- Jewelry store
- Hardware store
- Card Shoppe
She could be a..
- High school guidance counselor
- Make up counter saleswoman
- Law Clerk
- Is she her family's designated photographer?
- Does she have any pictures of herself with her loved one?
- Does she classify grateful and happy as the same thing?
- Who does she seek advice from?
- What DIY home improvement would she really like to tackle?
She's starving and staring at a vending machine. The cantaloupe she cut up for breakfast is long gone, and her stomach is telling her to purchase something now. Here's a list of the Top-9 diet-proof vending-machine eats according to Yahoo Shine:
- Rold Gold Tiny Twist Pretzels
- Baked Lays
- Traditional Chex Mix
- Fig Newtons
- Strawberry Twizzlers
- Nature Valley Oats N' Honey Crunchy Granola Bar
- Wrigley's Double Mint Gum
- Planters Sunflower Seeds
- Cookie Dough Balance Bar
Delivery diets are taking the guesswork, shopping, and cook- ing issues out of her diet regimen. Perfectly portioned meals delivered to her can help with her weight-loss goals. Here are some of the top diets she's having delivered:
- Biggest Loser Meal Plan: For more information, log on to www.biggestlosermealplan.com
- Jenny Direct: www.jennycraig.com
- Nukitchen: www.nu-kitchen.com
- Nutrisystem: www.nutrisystem.com
- Chef's Diet Fresh Weekly Delivery: For more information, log on to www.chefsdiet.com
- eDiets: www.ediets.com
She Diet Game:
Nintendo has the goods when she's ready to cook:
- "What's Cooking with Jamie Oliver" is the latest interactive Nintendo game/cookbook with recipes and shopping lists along with a test kitchen.
- "Personal Trainer: Cooking" gives detailed instruction on 200 dishes. For more information,log on to www.nintendo.com
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com