Pay Up or Get Back
April 15, 2011
This is a big weekend for procrastinators. W2's, EZ forms, deductions and write offs are being considered and discussed right now. Taxes are due to be filed by Monday; this weekend gives a nice reprieve to what usually ends up as being a weeknight rush to the finish. Not only are there many who will be downloading and trying to figure out the latest edition of Turbo Tax (which I hear is super simple) but there are a ton of accountants and office staff just trying to remember to breathe as they too are under the gun, especially when it comes to that last minute walk in client or a friend who needs a favor. Here's a list of helpful sites to include on the air or on your web site. Remember that most local libraries are open tomorrow and they have computers and most necessary tax forms.
Happy number crunching!
April 18th is the filing deadline for all taxes. Many taxpayers can receive free tax help from IRS-sponsored programs in their communities. Log onto www.irs.gov.
- IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers provide tax help at walk-in sites. Go to www.irs.gov/localcontacts/index.html and click your state to find the closest site or enter your zip code at "Walk-in-Site" search box.
- VITA: The IRS' Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program helps those with income below $40,000. Call 800-829-1040.
- TCE: Helps elders over 60 years of age. Call AARP for locations 888-227-7669 or www.aarp.org/money/taxaid/.
- Military personnel: The Armed Forces Tax Council pro- vides assistance for those in the military. The IRS.gov also has a special section on their website at Publication 3 "Armed Forces. "
- Filing an extension will get you an extra six months, but if tax is owed that must be paid by April 18.
- IRS Forms/Publications: online at www.irs.gov or call 800- 829-3676.
Phone Tax Help:800-829-1040 for those with a hearing impairment 800-829-4933
She buzz words
- Alternative Minimum Tax
- Schedule C
She could be a
- Government IRS employee
- H&R Block accountant
- Tax Auditor
She could be working at
- United Technologies
"What's a rear differential and why does it cost so much!"
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com