Secret Men's Business - Part II
April 30, 2013
This week, more on great 'men related' morning show topic discussion thought starters.
Firstly....a bit of info on how men and women think differently..................................
Men's brains are very different to women, and that is why our decision making processes and ways of communicating and forming relationships are different.
Women listen with both sides of their brains at the same time. Men typically listen with one side of the brain at any one time.
Men and Women are not the same! This is one of the reasons that radio is such a great medium to reach women - because they can listen to the radio and at the same time incorporate the information into a conversation they are having. Many women can also perform well in the bedroom while all of this is happening.
Here is more intellect for discussion on your Morning Show
WHAT MEN WANT
- Men want to sizzle not fizzle â€“ they know ladies are quick to measure up their style, smell, sense of humor and..... size....
- Men want to get it right â€“ what's in, what's out, what's hot, what will make it rock?
- Men want help navigating around issues like skin care, hair care, tanning and "man-scaping". Where to start? Where to stop?
- Men want to be attractive! Lots of blokes suffer from the "Fear and Clothing" disorder.
- These days it's Groom Up or Get Out! Men want, and need help! Brut aftershave may not hit the spot. Maybe Old Spice does(again)???
- Men want to be their best - from health clubs to personal trainers and team sports to tennis â€“ men want to build physique and let frustration out! Men still want a night at the pub though.
DATING AND LOVE
- Although they seem to be cool and calm about it, men want to be experts, but again, they really have no idea!
THEY WANT TO KNOW!
- How to tell if they've been single for too long?
- How to approach women, talk to women, encourage women?
- How many dates should they pay for? Wait for?
- Is a girl as into them? Direct pick up lines are appreciated.
- Is it ok to ask someone out via text? Can he break up on text?
- How to tell if she's the real deal or a bunny boiler in disguise?
- What positions will make them last longer?
- How to de- code Women Speak. What does she really mean when she asks if she's fat?
- How can he ditch the Ex for real ...... this time?
- What is the best way to make her miss you when away with work / the boys?
- How to break out of a stale slump in the relationship
- How to avert disastrous arguments
Here's a great content and advertising idea for men related programmming on your morning show ...
THEY WANT TO SNAG
- A friend, a lover and someone to settle down with.
- Kim, Kristen, Kate and Megan Fox may win top spots on all the Hot List and lead in the fantasy stakes but your average guy wants to settle down with a friendly, fun and sexy girl-next-door.
- Men want a good looking companion who takes care of herself but not a high maintenance head case with princess baggage.
- Men want to be listened to and treated with respect
- Men aspire to want intelligent conversation
- Men want a partner who doesn't date the team
- Men want a companion with her own career, self confidence and financial stability
AND ABOUT BEING A DAD(GREAT RADIO CONTENT)
- Dads love their kids
- Dads love impressing their kids
- Dads will do anything for their kids
- You can "unlock" dad through the kids
- Dads need upfront "kids training"
- Dads want their kids to be great at sport
- Men want to know about Men's Health Issues â€“ they just don't want to talk about it
- Men want to know how much is too much - when is a few drinks after work too many?
- All men fear the B word! But these days balding doesn't have to be a permanent problem!
- Men want to know the best hang over cures
- Men want to improve brain power and prevent memory loss
- Men want to know how to de-stress / what exercises work?
- Men want to watch their diet, nutrition and fitness but often don't
TO BE INFORMED
- Men want facts! Discovery Channel, News Channel, Sports Channel, DIY Expo â€“ say no more, if it's on â€“ they're there!
- Men want the latest gadgets to keep them informed
- Men want lists â€“ it started with Letterman - now everyone's doing it
Hottest 100 songs of all time Sexiest Female of the Year Annual Rich List Sport Season Highlights Most Influential Men
- Whenever, whatever....... men live, breathe and exist for sport.
- Live coverage, news, history, dedicated programming
- Men want to go back to the old days of true Bad Boys in Sport
- Men want 'hate filled' rivalries
- Men want to talk about it, fight about it, live for it.
- Men want time out! It's not all work and no play!
- Watching the weekend match, gaming, surfing the net, replaying last week's Top Gear or skimming the latest FHM â€“ if they can sit back and tune out, they'll turn on!
- Home theatre â€“ make the next best and relax in the luxury of the lounge room
- Men want to get the guitar from the garage and play old favorites
- Ditch the kids, the wife, the nagging mother in law, the house full of madness â€“ men want to dodge the bedlam and go stress free with a bit of quiet man time.
- DIY â€“ Men want to potter about and fix stuff up.
- Men want to retire to the study and play songs that remind them of old times
- Men want to chill out and watch Seinfeld and Dukes Of Hazard Weekend Marathons
NEW GADGETS, GAMING & TECHNOLOGY
- Men love gadgets â€“ for their car, their home, their office â€“ anywhere!
- Digital (DAB).40-54 men is the biggest demo in many markets
- Men want to download sport, porn and iTunes is a cost that's good to hide!
- Men want to read music magazines and stay in touch with the scene but they don't
- Men want to hear songs that bring back memories....
- Men want to sing Oasis songs(in the UK anyway) with the guys on the way home from the pub
- Men still use CD's and over 40's still have their vinyl
- A Top Gear Presenter (UK)
- Rock Star
- Professional Footballer
- Assistant to Angelina Jolie
- Men want a holiday! Adventure! Trekking! Camping! Hiking! History!....with the boys
- Men want to do anything but shop in local markets and visit theme worlds with the kids
- Men want to send the missus on separate holiday and go away with the blokes!
WHATS SCARES MEN
- The thought of getting old
- Reluctantly growing up
- Their kids, without them
- Not understanding technology
- The Mother-inâ€“Law
- Their partner catching them out
- Their partner's credit-card bill each month
- The kitchen
- Women with power
- Being Unemployed at 40+