10 Questions with ... Letty B
April 10, 2012
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
My first job in radio was as a street-teamer on KIIS/Los Angeles with Kevin Seki. After a year, I picked up board op shifts and John Ivey and Julie Pilat helped create my first demo that landed me a weekend shift at KRCK/Palm Springs. The work ethic of working seven days a week really stuck with me and that landed me middays at KDON/Monterey with Sam Diggedy. Facebook is how I got the 997 NOW job when APD/MD Jazzy Jim Archer asked for my demo in a friend request and the rest is history.
1) How would you describe your first radio gig?
Love at first sight.
2) So ... what's it like being picked as Popcrunch's 2012 Hottest Woman in Radio?
When my producer, Chunk told me I made the Top 10 I slapped him for messing with me, but after finding out that I wasn't only in the Top 10, but that I was #1 was honestly one of the best radio days in my life ... and like Rihanna says, "and it's not even my birthday."
3) Did/do you have any female radio role models?
St John, he's got a shoe collection that would make any girl jealous, a closet full of designer clothes, and he's one of the best in the radio business.
4) If you could have any superhero power, what would it be?
Did Laura Croft have a superpower? She's hot and whoops ass. Also, her costume is the best Halloween outfit ever.
5) How do you prep for your show everyday?
I watch tons of reality TV, read all the gossip blogs, and stay on top of my Twitter game ... @LettyBradio if you're not following me already ;)
6) Other than her funky laugh, I think Maria Menounos would be great on the radio. Would you like to try television and maybe trade with Maria?
Yes. Doing something on the small screen is something I've always wanted to try. I think being picked as the Hottest Woman in Radio might help that dream along.
7) Think back to being a 10-year-old. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Selena ... the O.G. one ... not Mrs. Bieber.
8) You're a Cali girl. Any other markets or areas interest you professionally?
California is one of the most beautiful places in the world ... it would be hard leave, but I've heard New York has some really good shopping.
9) San Francisco's an amazing city. What's the most romantic spot in the city?
Well according to Strawberry, it's two blocks away from the station on Broadway ... Google it.
10) You work with talented Bay Area radio programming veterans in Michael Martin and Jazzy Jim Archer. What advice that they've given you really sticks in your head?
I'm truly blessed to be a part of #TeamMartin and the "studio/stage" rules are: Be different, make a personal connection with the audience, try anything, don't be afraid to fail, and don't listen to St. John.
What kind of workouts do you do and how often?
Because of my chocolate addiction, I do Bikram Yoga every day to keep a balance.