10 Questions with ... Gina Gray
April 16, 2013
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
Nights at 94.3 WRQR, Nights at 103.7 WRHD (The Hot FM), middays at 96.3 WRHT and 103.7 WRHD, afternoons at 96.3 Thunder Country, afternoons at 92.3 WQSL (The Party), afternoons at WERO (Bob 93.3).
1) How would you describe your first radio gig?
I can still remember the smell of that building. I was doing weekends at 94.3 6a-noon on Saturday mornings! It was magical. I was 14!!!!!!
2) What led you to a career in radio?
My father owned a small AM/FM. The rest was history!
3) How would you describe the radio landscape in your market?
Urban, Country and us in that order. We share many listeners with the Country station, 95.1 WRNS, but it's all good since we are owned by the same company!
4) Are you wearing more "hats" than you have in the past?
Heck yeah!! Between music, imaging, air shift, production ... I'll stop now!
5) What are you doing social media-wise?
Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and texting.
6) What's the coolest promotion you've been involved with recently?
"Feed It To Bieber." Each year we raise nearly 20 thousand pounds for the local Food bank and send the winner who raises the most food to see and meet Justin Bieber. Awesome!
7) What's the coolest promotion you've EVER been involved with?
8) What artist would we be surprised to find on your iPod?
9) What's one thing that would surprise many people to learn about you?
Oh come on, don't they know everything there is to know?
10) What was your favorite station to listen to when you were a kid?
Raleigh seemed like such a huge city when I was a kid, and my father's business partner lived in Raleigh and owned WQDR back in the day. I would travel with him and I have to admit, G105 was my favorite station!
What's the best sweeper/liner you've ever heard?
"We're the coolest people we know." Thanks, JT Bosch!! I will never forget this liner as long as I live. Of course JT was saying it in a Beavis and Butthead dialect!