10 Questions with ... Christine Peters AKA Brewstaaa
June 14, 2011
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
I worked in college organizing shows for the campus and had my own radio show. I moved down to Florida from Pittsburgh to intern with WILD 94.1. After my internship, I got hired with the station to do research and part-time street promotions. I then became full-time as Orlando's assistant in June of 2006. As Orlando's assistant, I became familiar with the record labels and the people that worked for them, building relationships. From there, I started to learn how to program music. Eventually, fell into the position at the right time.
1. What got you into radio?
I've always been a huge fan of music even from when I was little making up dances and singing. When I graduated with a communications degree, I figured I would start off with Radio then branch out from there. I've just been in love with it since.
2. What was your first impression of WLLD when you came in as an intern about 7 years ago?
OMG this station is Crazy, the music they play is Nuts I looove it!!!
3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Marine Biologist and a Fly Girl on In Living Color.
4. You grew up in the Pittsburgh area. How did you end up in Tampa?
My Father Moved down here when I graduated high school, so I thought it would be cool to move to Florida after college, live with my Dad for free and work for an awesome Hip Hop station.
5. Who handles music research at the Ybor City strip clubs?
Everyone haha. Mainly our research department when they do club reports but we have guys here that dj at strip clubs, I go to the strip clubs, a lot of our staff will hit up some strip clubs. They will always come to me like "we heard this play in the strip club a bunch and it went off " haha. We have a lot of them here...haha.
6. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
Novacane - Frank Ocean / I'm On One - DJ Khaled (it's a toss up)
7. What's the quickest way to test Orlando's patience?
Disrespect him, question his decisions, or talk back.
8. How did you get your nickname, "Brewstaaa"?
When I was an intern they said I reminded them of Punky Brewster. I though Brewster was reallly lame, so I said Ok, I'll be ok with the name but I'm taking off the "er" and adding 3 As.
9. If you could be on any TV reality show or game show, which would you want to be on?
10. Hypothetical question...If you were getting married in two months and you could have any group or singer perform at your reception, who would you choose?
Do you have any phobias?
Snakes, rats, blood, needles.