10 Questions with ... "Supa" Dave Jackson
August 14, 2012
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
I've worked at WFBC/Greenville SC, WIBT/Charlotte and WHZT/Greenville, SC primarily. Weekend mix shows on several stations.
1. What got you into radio?
A long night of drinking at a club in Spartanburg with Tias Schuster (now WFBC/Greenville PD)...Yes, the drinks got me into radio.
2. Who were/are some of your mentors?
Rob Wagman is a genius. I hope I have a chance to work with that guy again at some point in my life! He was the teacher that EVERY programmer should have. He's patient and quite handsome. His stand-up comedy needs some work (Just kidding, Rob. Yamulkes and Indian feathers forever). Steve Crumbley at WJMZ (the world's best Urban AC) has been a GREAT coach since Rob abandoned me and my family for a life in New York. Steve is quite handsome, also.
3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
The next Prime in a skilled team of Transformers...or a pirate.
4. What's the first radio-related thing you do in a day?
Look at Facebook...what else?
5. What is Greenville, SC's best kept secret?
My sexual preference...
6. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
Call Me Maybe. Don't hate! OK, we don't even play that...but if we DID, it would be my favorite.
7. If you weren't in radio right now, what do you think you'd be doing professionally?
I'd be an amazing club DJ making millions of dollars on world tours. Being that I'm not all about money, I prefer to keep it low key and struggle as a PD in Greenville, SC.
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I sleep because my GM, Steve Sinicropi, doesn't believe PDs sleep or require such luxuries. I also watch Big Bang Theory and Adult Swim quite a bit.
9. If you could be on any TV reality show or game show, which would you want to be on?
That Spanish game show...the one with all the half-naked chicks dancing around throughout the whole thing. That would be pretty cool.
10. Hypothetical question...If you were getting married in two months and you could have any group, or singer, perform at your reception, who would you choose?
Prince...Guys in heels are great for weddings.
Beer and pizza or sushi and sake?
Beer and pizza if I HAVE to choose. I'd prefer vodka and pizza. Beer is quite repulsive. A nice pink drink will do just fine.
Any hobbies you'd like to take up? (money is no object)
I'd still like to be a pirate...or space travel. I could build a colony on Mars if money is no object.