10 Questions with ... DJ Lynnwood
March 12, 2013
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
Internationally known EDM Producer, DJ and radio personality.
1. What got you into radio, initially?
I was thirteen years old, spinning records at the local skating rink and the DJ from our local college station came in, complemented the mixing and asked me if I wanted to do a weekly radio show.
2. What were you doing musically before starting at radio?
I was in junior high school and all that mattered was girls and music.
3. What do you think when you see the dance music scene doing so well within today's world of radio?
I am beyond excited. I am really proud of the way artists and DJ's are cementing dance into pop culture.
4. Was anyone in the radio world a big influence on your career?
Absolutely. Larry Martino, Bob West, Dave Presher, Diana Laird, Jack Silver, Carmy Ferrari, Mark Feather, Pattie Moreno to name a few.
5. What about musically? Who stands out to you as major influences?
I am a total fan. Today's influences include Guetta, Calvin Harris, Dre, Dada Life, Dave Grohl, Baauer, Sia, Jay Z, Luke Bryan and a ton more.
6. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
Taylor Swift "I Knew You Were Trouble." 100% hook!
7. Looking back on your career in music and radio...any regrets?
I've made some mistakes and those have lead to learning opportunities so I can't say I regret them. I am very fortunate to be in a career that I love, surrounded by great people and exciting talent. I've been blessed to be able to create my own niche inside this incredible music industry. The best is yet to come!
8. If you had never gone into DJing, what do you think you'd be doing now?
I might be creating content or designing digital media platforms.
9. You've been involved in so many aspects of KGGI and other stations over the years. What's left for you to accomplish?
Having spent many years as talent and entertainer I would love to take on a management role, successfully facilitating new ideas and implementations for radio, digital and the Internet.
10. Hypothetical question...If you were getting married in two months and you could have any group, singer or DJ perform at your reception, who would you choose?
Bruno Mars. What a talented singer and dope entertainer! Plus he seems intelligent enough to talk me out of getting married again!
If you could be on any TV reality show or game show, which would you want to be on?
Survivor. It really is the ultimate social challenge.
Beer and pizza or sushi and sake?
Lunch or dinner?