10 Questions with ... DJ Erb
June 4, 2013
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
Started mixing in 1991. Started radio in 2002 mixing for KBOS and the Juice Crew Morning Show.
Became Production Director for B95 in 2004. In 2006 started mixing the 2 hour Traffic Jam from 5 to 7pm. 2009 Promoted to Music Director.
1. What got you into radio?
The records!!! I loved the fact that I could fill my whole house with crates of records. The access to new music and being able to mix on the radio was it for me.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a pilot.
3. You've been in the Fresno market for many years. What has changed the most in the past 5 years?
Fresno has been developing its own artists and more and more we are getting good music coming out of our area.
4. How is the Fresno club scene these days?
The club scene is very much alive here but the usual life span of a club here is only a few years. Once they open something new, people flock to the new spot.
5. What about Fresno would probably surprise someone that doesn't know the city or market?
I would have to say the heat in the summer time. It gets too hot out here!
6. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
Sean Kingston ft Chris Brown & Wiz Khalifa - Beat It
7. Could you imagine having your boss, Greg Hoffman, as a teacher in high school?
I can for the fact he was a teacher. He is a great person to learn from and always keeps it real with everything.
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Besides repairing computers I really enjoy the time I spend with my children.
9. If you could be on any TV reality show or game show, which would you want to be on?
Oh man! I would have to say Master of the Mix.
10. Hypothetical question...If you were getting married in two months and you could have any group or singer perform at your reception, who would you choose?
Earth Wind & Fire
Beer and pizza or sushi and sake?
All of the above which makes me sound like I drink all the time.
What's your favorite Fresno restaurant?