10 Questions with ... Scott "Lugnut" Dwyer
May 27, 2014
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
I'm not sure I could do it 'briefly'
1. What got you into radio?
As a kid I always knew I wanted to be on the radio. I was more of a fan of Rick Dees than Casey Kasem and used to play with my records and pretend that I was on the air.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I think we covered that. But if not in radio, I always kind of wanted to be a Rockette. Because of my love for dance, fashion and fitness.
3. What was the biggest change in the move from Florida to Palm Springs?
My fear of sharks has dropped significantly.
4. What state would you like to work in...that you haven't already?
I've always loved the Northwest, so...Washington?
5. What would probably surprise most people about Palm Springs?
Barry Manilow lives here. How freakin' awesome is that?
6. Without asking, what do you think is your MD Bianca Fort's favorite song on the station?
I would say Future 'Move That Doh'
7. What are some of the programming challenges specific to Palm Springs?
It's a challenge to keep my ass at work, when I know my pool is just sitting there, at home, waiting for me. Oh and finding new ways to engage the listeners. That's probably not specific to PS, but as a heritage station in the market, KKUU runs like a well oiled machine. Thanks in part to our brilliant consultant, Michael Newman. So, I'd say just finding new ways to make a personal connection with the audience.
8. Have you found a few favorite Palm Springs restaurants?
There's seriously great food here. Just what my fat ass needs! Faves are: Lulu's California Bistro, Circa 59 at the Riviera and Del Taco.
9. From a Palm Springs resident's perspective...how was Coachella 2014?
It was really cool to have a front row seat to something that I've wanted to go to for years. April was a fun month. There were multiple events, every weekend and the entire Coachella Valley just came alive. I mean, Justin Bieber was here for Christ's sake.
10. If you could have any super power which would you like to have?
Invisibility. Don't ask.
If you had to eat one type of meal everyday for a month, what would it be?
Definitely Mexican. It's a staple.
Got a theory on Flight 370?
I blame Obama