10 Questions with ... Anthony Iovino
December 8, 2015
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
Not so much brief!
- EMI Music Publishing - Assistant, MCT Management-Assistant/Promotions
- S.I.N / Pellegrino Promotions - National Club/Mixshow/Radio Promotions & Column Editor
- TVT Records- Director Rhythm/Hot Ac/Top 40 Radio Promotions
- EDEL America Records-Sr. Director Promotions
- Priority Records- Northeast Regional Promotions
- Maverick Records- New York/Philly Regional Promotions
- Big 3 Records- VP Promotions
- OneUp Entertainment-Owner
- Currently ADA/WMG - Senior Director, Promotions.
1. Why music promotion?
Why not! I'm a talker. I love people and music. And, I would be horrible as an Uber driver!
2. What's been special about working at ADA?
The labels, it's amazing to work with so many sources of great music.
3. It seems like you're constantly on the road. What are some of your favorite markets to visit?
For the personality in the people, Boston, Miami, LA, Dallas, Denver, Nashville, San Antonio.
4. You're not always in traditionally glamorous markets like San Francisco, Miami and Los Angeles. What small markets surprised you with their charm or quaint beauty?
Boise.. yes, Boise! Great people, scenery and food. Raleigh, a great music scene. And, Napa, well it's Napa!
5. Over the course of your career, who are a few of the artists that stand out to you for their hard work with radio?
Michelle Branch, Master P, Ice Cube and Jon Secada. I know it's wide variety. Oh, and Cheap Trick!
6. If you weren't in music, what do you think you'd be doing professionally?
I would be a bartender...again! It's great for people watching and learning how to read people and their sometimes bullshit!
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
My Family. Doing family stuff.
8. If you could be on any TV reality show or game show, which would you want to be on?
Hollywood Squares! Right between Jim J Bullock and David Hasselhoff.
9. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I can't say. Five years in this industry can be a lifetime.
10. If you had to eat one type of meal everyday for a month, what would it be?
Rapid fire word association:
- Lil Dicky: Deli
- Orlando Davis: Powerful and Charming! (How's that Orlando? Good?)
- Sallie: Chardonnay