10 Questions with ... Big Rog Hilton
March 8, 2011
1. Why Radio?
I love music
2. To date, what is the highlight of your radio career?
When I became Music Director for Power 96.
3. Miami is a unique market musically, what makes it so unique?
It's got to be all the different cultures and their music meshing together.
4. Strip club or night club...which is best for music research?
Both! You never know where you can find a hit.
5. When you've had a rough day, what do you do to get back to your happy place?
I head out to the lunch truck and grab a snack.
6. You've come up through the ranks at Power 96. Got any advice for someone trying to get started in radio?
Hustle...work hard...never say no to any position even if you think it's not for you. You never know, it just might be your way in.
7. Think back to when you were 10. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A pilot...I love to travel.
8. Your boss, Power 96 OM/PD Tom Calococci is a veteran programmer and he did major label record promotion at Jive. With his record company background, has he given you a different perspective on what record labels do?
Yes, all the time. He's really given me great insight to the "other side" of the music industry.
9. What would you like to do better as a music director as we head into Spring?
I just want to find bigger and better hit songs from new artists.
10. So much is said about Miami's nightlife but where is the most romantic spot in Miami?
If you were to leave Radio and music today and you could choose any other occupation, what would it be?
A super producer and create an all-girl Asian hip-hop group.