10 Questions with ... Tony Gray
July 23, 2013
1. Early station influences:
John "Records" Landecker, Bill Bailey, Bob Sirot WLS/Chicago
2. If you were just starting out in radio, knowing now what you didn't then, would you still do it?
Yes, except if I knew then what I know now, I would have majored in Business as opposed to Communications
3. Does anything surprise you along the lines of new media platforms in terms of effectiveness with the audience?
My basic programming philosophy remains the same: Deliver the best product possible to your target audience.
4. What's your read on the format music-wise nowadays?
Depends on the format.
5. As you assess the financial shape of the industry today, are traditional budgetary expectations still taking precedent too often over the investment on the product and human resources channeled into it?
I think we have seen the bottom. We should see incremental revenue growth over the next few years.
6. As you look back over your career ... any regrets? Missed opportunities?
We can't change the past. You can only impact today and the days to come.
7. What's your format or music of choice?
8. What the best piece of advice that someone has ever given you that you still use on a daily basis?
Always do your best.
9. What's your favorite book or reading or material?
"To Kill A Mockingbird."
10. And your favorite movie?