10 Questions with ... John Rich
May 29, 2011
1) Congrats on winning Celebrity Apprentice! That is huge. How did you celebrate after the win?
I hung out with all of my Nashville friends until 4:30 in the morning and Lil Jon DJ'd.
2) St. Jude is obviously a popular charity for Country music but why did you personally want to raise funds for them?
St. Jude is the greatest Children's hospital in the world and they save thousands of lives every year. Having a 15-month old son brings it right back home on how important that hospital really is.
3) Your new album, "For The Kids," will also help raise funds for St. Jude. Tell us about this project and where the idea for it came from.
I wanted to write a song that would continue to raise money for St. Jude after Celebrity Apprentice was over and I wanted to be able to relay strong images of St. Jude into a song to motivate people to donate.
4) What was your favorite part about being on reality television and would you do it again?
Making friendship with such a wide variety characters that I otherwise would not have known. Absolutely, I would do it again!
5) Out of all the celebrities on the show, who did you connect with the most and will you stay in touch with them or maybe work with them again?
Lil Jon, who is my brother from another mother. He appears on my new SIX PAK album Rich Rocks. Our friendship is real!
6) So- Do you think Trump would make a good President and why?
I would like to have seen him run because I wanted to see him debate without autonomy.
7) I know there is a lot of excitement around the upcoming Big & Rich tour and the new single, "Fake ID." What can we expect from the tour this Summer?
Big & Rich, Gretchen Wilson, Cowboy Troy, and Two Food Fred - the freak parade is back on tour and it's a napalm bomb for ya baby!
8) What made you and Big Kenny decide that this was the right time to get the duo back together?
We both felt like we had chased our own personal interests long enough and it was time to hook the wires back together. Now, Big & Rich is bigger and richer than ever before!
9) You seem to have been on every tv show for interviews lately, have been busy raising over 1. 3 million dollars for St. Jude and are still making new music. What do you like to do when you finally get to relax?
I get to relax???
10) When you were being interviewed by Piers Morgan, you said that your favorite part of being on Celebrity Apprentice was the 'Boardroom,' and that part seems like the hardest! Why did you like it so much?
Because in the boardroom, that's when the nonsense ended and the serious moves were made.