10 Questions with ... Jim "The Critic" Voigt
July 7, 2014
1. How did you become interested in radio?
Stumbled into radio after a career as a failed musician.
2. Who are/were your mentors?
Have really only aspired to be "The Replacements Of Radio" after the great Minneapolis rock band.
3. How long have you been in Charleston ... at the Bridge?
Been in Charleston since 1992. Started working on sister Rock station 96 Wave in late '92 and have been with The Bridge since 2008.
4. In addition to holding down afternoon drive, you also do a special New Music show each week. Tells us about that!
The Critic's Choice Sunday morning show is really just a rip-off of the glory days of WABC in New York. Just playing a different style of music every song.
5. What new bands are you most excited about?
Curtis Harding and The Dirty Fences
6. What do you like best about your job?
Don't have to wear a tie.
7. What has been your biggest career highlight?
Getting to interview Hank Aaron.
8. What is the one truth that has held constant throughout your career?
Keep eating when bar hopping.
9. Fill in the blank: I can't make it through the day without ...
10. If you wanted to completely change careers today, what would you do?
Try to hook up some scam where I could get paid to travel to all 50 states.