10 Questions with ... Georgia & Caleb Nott
May 2, 2016
1. How has touring the world affected your live performances?
We've loosened up a lot. We're in the moment, and we're focused on making it special every time."
2. And your overall work ethic?
We're not taking any of this for granted. We keep active and work 24/7. This is what we do now. It's our life.
3. Is it true you have performed together since childhood?
We grew up in a rather musical family, going along with our parents to performances. It just grew from there.
4. Was it only natural that you always wanted to write and perform music?
Caleb is very into visual art and was studying industrial design before all of this happened. For me, I've wanted to be a lot of things: actress, film director, author, teacher, baker, Silver Fern (the New Zealand netball team), but I never felt more myself than I did when I was singing and writing songs.
5. What is your approach to songwriting together?
Caleb naturally leans more towards drum beats and instrumental details, and I'm very much all about expressing myself through lyrics and my delivery of the vocals.
6. As siblings, did you always get along so well?
We've actually always been best friends. When I was about 10, I wanted to be like Caleb so much that I wore his clothes to school one day with all my hair tucked up into a hat! All through high school we were still really close and if I was having a break down at school I'd go find him so he could hug me while I cried. We've always been extremely protective of one another.
7. What was your favorite music growing up and why?
Growing up we listened to a lot of Mum and Dad's music. Every Sunday morning we'd have family breakfast which Dad would cook. He'd put on Neil Diamond or The Eagles, or Amy Grant or Brooke Fraser, and sing along to it in the kitchen with a tea towel tucked into his pants.
8. Do you have any pre-show rituals before you go onstage?
We all just hug and tell each other we'll be great. It's the same afterwards, we try to make sure we tell each other how proud we are of each other.
9. Who is in your current music playlist that you are really digging?
We listen to heaps of Banks, Lykke Li and Bat for Lashes.
10. What are you most excited about for this year?
Our new album and touring to support it!
Special thanks to Nicole DeRosa for conducting the interview.