10 Questions with ... Jessica Hodge "Jess"
September 5, 2016
1. How did you become interested in radio?
Took a Radio Production course at Lindenwood and liked that no one could see me.
2. Who are your mentors?
Mike Wall (co-dean of the school of communications), Rich Reighard (my supervisor), and Kristy Tucciarone (my advisor).
3. How would you describe the music on the station?
Smooth Alternative (Triple A).
4. How are the music meetings conducted at KCLC?
Meetings are very laid back, usually just the MD and Rich.
5. What is your biggest challenge at the station?
None so far; I just started as the new MD. Get back to me on that near the end of the semester.
6. Besides your own, what is your favorite radio format?
"Oldies" ('70s-'80s) rock/pop.
7. What would surprise people most about the station?
How big the radio station actually is. Most do not realize we have an HD2 and HD3 station along with the FM - Classic Rock and Classic Hits.
8. What is the best advice you have been given?
Say yes to the professional opportunities you are given the option. Pick one thing you like and stick to it. (I like many things: writing, radio, video production)
9. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I hope to have my Master's degree (in what, I'm not sure yet) and be working for a company (any ad agency, production house, radio station).
10. Fill in the blank: I can't make it through the day without ...
Listening to the Hamilton the Musical soundtrack. I don't know how I managed before last October.
Last non-industry job:
Baker in the University's kitchen
Blake Shelton back in '05 or '06.
Favorite band of all-time:
What do you enjoy doing in your spare time away from work and school?